- Most leadership occurs from the middle of the organization.
- There is a difference between management and leadership.
- Management is more about compliance.
- Leadership is more about influence.
- Leadership is an art.
- If you can increase your influence, you can increase your leadership.
The 3 Myths of Leadership
If I’m not at the top I can’t lead
- Build relationships with people so you lead naturally.
- Influence comes from relationship.
- You earn the right to lead.
- The only proof of leadership is follower-ship.
- Leadership is a choice not a position.
When I get to the top, then I’ll be the leader
- Developing leadership is a lifelong process.
- When opportunity comes, it’s way too late to prepare.
- What are you doing to prepare?
- What’s your leadership learning plan?
- The greatest power is the power to become, you don’t have to stay the same.
When I get to the top, then there are no limits
- Leadership is not a ticket to freedom.
- The best leaders are the best servants.
- As you move up, your responsibilities increases.
- Your decisions have greater impact.
The price of greatness is the acceptance of responsibility