What Money Can’t Buy
I’ve come to realize that the most important things in life are those things that money can’t buy. Money can’t buy my wife and kids loving me. Money can’t buy respect from co-workers. Money can’t buy lasting friendships. I like what money can do, but it’s important to realize it does have it’s limitations. Love, respect, friendships, these are the things that make life worth living. Not another house, boat or car! What makes life worth living for you?
Relationships Are More Important Than Money
When I was in my early twenties I remember hearing from Dr Lester Sumrall say that if you had 5 good friends at the end of your life, you were truly a blessed person. The more I live, the more I believe that. When I was young, I chased after opportunity but now that I’m a little wiser, I’m chasing after relationships. Money can create opportunities but it can’t buy friendships.
Questions Are Tools to Deepen Relationships
One of the most valuable tools in developing relationships are questions. Questions are what unlocks people’s hearts and minds. The Book of Proverbs says, “Wisdom in the heart of a man is like deep waters, but a man of understanding draws it out.” Wisdom and knowledge are hidden inside of people and I’ve learned to use questions to draw it out of them. When I use questions I can take a peek into someone’s heart. Their answers allow me to see inside of them and develop trust.
10 Good Questions To Deepen Relationships
- If you could be anywhere doing anything a year from now, what would it be?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to do with your life?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s the core messages of your life?
- what difference do you want your life to make to the world?
- What’s the wildest, most out-there vision you’ve ever seriously thought of launching into?
- What do you want to be doing to help others in 10 years?
- What’s the coolest project that you’ve ever been a part of?
- What’s one thing you feel God has called you to do or be in your life?
- Wen you are at you best, functioning in the area you are most effective in, what are you doing?
What Other Questions Do You Use To Deepen Relationships?